About the job
About Angry Nerds
Angry Nerds s a custom software solutions provider redefining what it means to bring your vision to life. Born in 2015, with only two people on board, we transitioned into a team of more than 100+ tech-savvy professionals.
With our central office in Wroclaw, and a remote team working from multiple locations in Poland, we have delivered more than 545 successful projects globally. We work with different industries for all kinds of projects.
Working with us, you can expect challenging projects that involve advanced technologies and an opportunity to have a direct impact on the projects you work on. Also - the team spirit is strong with this one! We pride ourselves on the great people we have on board - they create the unique, nerdy atmosphere that is an indispensable part of our everyday work.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in IT project management
- Independence and self-reliance in direct collaboration with the client and the project team
- Practical knowledge on the software development lifecycle (especially in technologies such as .NET, Angular/React, iOS/Android)
- Experience in working with large development teams (8+ people)
- Experience with Azure DevOps or Jira/Confluence
- Very good written and spoken English
- Experience with Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- Ability to identify problems and find and implement solutions
- Skills in conflict-solving and stress management
- Ability to manage and scale processes
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to set priorities
- Technical knowledge and understanding of software development topics - allowing to communicate and cooperate with the tech team and the client
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactivity about problem-solving
- Orientation on business needs and goals
We will also appreciate:
- Project management-related certificates, such as PSM I, AgilePM, PMP or other
- Experience with ClickUp, Figma, Miro
- Coordinating the whole project development lifecycle: from the design phase to the deployment to production
- Resource planning in the project, on- and offboarding of team members
- Creating project schedule, monitoring progress, controlling the timeline, budget and scope
- Ensuring proper defining of project requirements and scope
- Preparing the project documentation
- Creating the backlog
- Coordinating Scrum meetings
- Building a relationship and maintaining direct contact with clients, including identifying new opportunities for collaboration
- Raporting project status and prognosis to the client and to the Delivery Manager
- Defining project risk and mitigation
- Co-creating internal PM meetings (community)
- Fully remote work
- Flexible working hours that are suitable for early birds and night owls
- Equipment and budget for accessories
- Annual training budget
- Co-financing for the sports package and medical care
- Integration budget
- The opportunity to work in a company with a flat structure in a friendly team of Nerds :)
Perks & Benefits
We provide a co-financed MultiSport package.
We offer co-financed LuxMed healthcare to our employees.
We provide safety for you and your family, even if you're on a B2B contract.
We offer fully remote work even after the pandemic.
You have control over your workday, and we practice core hours between 10am-3pm.
Our teams have community meetings to exchange skills and knowledge. We care about fostering a collaborative environment where everyone can learn and grow together.
We provide regular feedback to help you grow and improve, and we also give you the opportunity to share your opinion about working with us so we can continue to improve.
We finance the training budget for conference tickets and courses, so you can develop your skills.
Our Recruitment Process
We're glad to receive applications from talented individuals like you! We do receive a lot of resumes and manage several hiring processes, so we may not be able to respond to everyone. However, we promise to reach out to selected candidates whose experience and skills match our current requirements and expectations.
If you don't see a suitable job offer or have a question, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly via email. We'd love to hear from you and are always happy to help. We may even have another job opening in the near future that could match your qualifications.
Interview with an HR representative
The initial step of our recruitment process is a conversation with one of our HR representatives. During this interview (it may take around 40 minutes), we'll introduce you to Angry Nerds - our teams, projects, and technologies - and provide information about the upcoming recruitment and employment process.
We'll also ask you about your previous work experience, career aspirations, and what you're looking for in a job. As part of the interview, we'll also ask you a few questions in English.
Based on the information we gather from this conversation, we'll determine whether to move forward to the next stage of the recruitment process, which involves a technical assessment. If we decide not to proceed, we'll let you know and provide you with the reason for our decision.
We will contact you by email to arrange the date and confirm the technical interview. In the email, you can expect the following information: date and time of the interview; contact details of the interviewers; link to the video call.
The technical verification call usually lasts for around 1-1.5 hours. This is the stage where we want to ensure that your skills and experience align with our current requirements. Don't worry, we'll tailor the questions to fit the specific position and area that you're applying for.
You'll be chatting with one of the members of our team, who works in the relevant area/technology. We prefer to have this conversation over a video call so we can see each other and have a more natural conversation. So, feel free to wear whatever you like - there's no special dress code for the meeting!
We understand that this is a crucial step in the recruitment process, so we want to make sure that you feel comfortable and prepared. We're excited to get to know you better and learn more about your skills and experience.
Decision making and feedback
We want to keep you informed about the progress of your technical interview and provide you with feedback. Once we've reviewed all the candidates, we'll let you know if we're interested in working with you. If we are, we'll send you an offer with all the important details about the job and a draft contract for you to review.
If you decide to accept the offer, we'll prepare the contract for signing. If you're located in Wroclaw, we'd love to meet with you in person to sign the documents at our office. If you're working remotely, we'll send the contract to you by courier or mail. About 1-3 days before your planned start date, we'll send you an email with all the necessary information about the project, including login details, and a brief description of what your first day will look like.
We appreciate your interest in joining the Nerds team and wish you the best of luck. We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon!
Don't see an offer for you?
We are always looking for new talented people. Send us your CV and we will get back to you as soon as we have new offer best matched for your expertise.